- The Composition Studio is NOT a Study Room and cannot be booked as such.
- The Composition Studio is for the purposes of working on music projects only.
- See our website for more information about the Composition Studio.
The Composition Studio in the Education & Music Library
The Composition Studio brings together hardware, software and sample instrument libraries. This provides a multitude of creative options to users who want to compose, orchestrate, create scores and parts or render instrumental recordings with a high degree of realism. This collaborative space hosts a variety of music hardware and software tools:
- Mac mini & 32 in monitor
- Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2 88-note Controller Keyboard
- Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 MK2 – USB audio interface
- Korg nanoKONTROL2 – midi controller
- Studio headphones (2 pairs, extra pair for collaborator) – Sony MDR-7506, AKG Pro K245
- Digital Audio Workstations (DAW): Logic Pro X, Cubase 11
- Notation Software: Finale, Sibelius, Dorico
For more information about the Composition Suite, including instrument sample libraries, see our information guide.
Note: Projects must be stored on the user’s own portable storage device.
- The Composition Studio is NOT to be booked as a Study Room
- each booking may be 30 minutes (minimum) to 3 hours (maximum)
- 9 hours/week maximum may be booked by an individual
- bookings may be made up to two weeks in advance
Questions? Contact David Bindle.